Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wedding Gowns

MERMAID
The mermaid cut is characterized by a narrow, body-hugging bodice that flares dramatically, at or below the knee.

SHEATH

A modern, glamorous take on the traditional wedding gown, the sheath is characterized by a slim profile that closely follows the curves of the body.


A-LINE

The A-line cut is narrow at the top, cut close to the ribcage, and extends out along the body in the shape of a triangle (or "A") in a smooth, elongated line.



BALL GOWN


The ball gown is a classic shape with a fitted bodice and very full skirt that brushes the floor. The pick-up skirt is a modern interpretation of this silhouette.



BASQUE

Characterized by an elongated triangle forming just beneath the natural waistline.



EMPIRE


Typified by a high-waisted seam just below the bust line, deriving its name from the style’s popularity during the Empire period in France.

Wow! I'm really amazed by those graceful, whitish, classical wedding gown. Especially the SHEATH & BALL gown. 2 of them are damn attractive for me.

Hmm, I think i'm desperate of my wedding now. Haha. It's normal, I'm almost at the age already. Don't say I'm desperate, I just desire/ hope/ dream about my own wedding. Every girl will do, don't you think so?

Adapted from: http://www.davidsbridal.com/styleguide_dressguide.jsp

No comments: