Sunday, November 8, 2009

This Is It

Tribute to MJ, "This is it"

A rare glimpse into the final days of MJ, the documentary is compiled from an estimated 80 hours of rehearsal and behind-the-scene footage of the legendary entertainer preparing for his 50 sold-out shows at London O2 Arena that were scheduled to commence in July 2009 before his untimely death in June at age 50.


Frankly speaking, I'm not a real big fan of MJ though I knew he's the king of pop since I was young. But I can still roughly sing a few phrases of his famous songs, this proves that his music still somewhat has caught my ears and heart. Other than that, I just think he's just a good dancer with his self-invented moonwalk.

However, not until I watch "This is it". It has totally change my perception on him and now I salute this legendary singer! Sincere. Deep from my heart. From the documentary, I just knew that he was the writer and composer of his own songs, he's so passionate of music, he knows music, he's humble, he's the guru of every people- from the background singer, the keyboard player, the guitarist to the dancers! When he sings, he tells us story with his graceful voice and dance. He can make you picture on what he's trying to convey. He's very determined, in every little part of his performance, even a little bit of mistake in the beat, he knows, he corrects you. He participates in everything for preparing his concert. I don't know what to describe him other than he loves music, he respects music and he lives music :)

Thanks to X'mas who pulled my butt off and forced me to watch with her. She's a BIG fan of MJ. If she never do so, I think I would miss a really great show and I'll regret. I would say "This is it": The greatest concert that never happened :( MJ, may you rest in peace and you'll not be forgotten. Your music shall live forever!

1 comment:

X'mas Yue said...

YES! totally agree!!!!!!